01 May 2009

One Step At a Time

I picked out Mother's Day cards yesterday. I had Munchkin with me, and she helped too. I didn't think that I'd be able to manage it this year, but I had her with me and that gave me the courage to try. It felt like a small victory. One more step forward. At the same time, it was a really hard thing to do.

I took a walk that afternoon while the kids napped. I walked over to the field, and sat at the top of the hill. I've always walked the field whenever I need to clear my head. Things just seem to make more sense over there. I've had a lot of conversations with God in that field. Like the rain renews and refreshes the air, a good walk in the field does the same for me.

I've started knitting a cardigan for Munchkin. She was sad that we had to pack up her too-small sweaters, so I promised that I'd knit her another. I let her pick out the yarn, and it's so bright that I might go blind knitting it! She loves it, and even I admit that when I was younger, I would have loved it too! I've got the back knit up already, and now I'm starting on the front. I don't think it will take too long to finish. I'm working on sewing some summer clothes for her as well. She likes some of the fabric in my stash, so I've got plenty of options for dresses! I wish that they made more sewing patterns for little boys, but most of them seem to be for girls. Ah well, she is the one who appreciates pretty clothes anyway. The boys don't seem to care what they wear. Mr. Q does prefer clothes with cars or tractors on them, but really, he's not too picky! Camo is still too young to voice much of an opinion on the subject. Munchkin certainly is a girly girl. She LOVES dresses and heels and purses!

1 comment:

Millerfamilychronicles said...

There are times when I long for a field to walk in too...no fields here in our neighborhood. But sometimes being in nature helps me feel somehow closer to God. One day at a time...