22 April 2009

Potluck Post

I'm starting off my post with a prayer request. Kay, who is one of the co-authors of the Mason-Dixon Knitting books and blog, lost her husband this week. She has two children. My heart aches for them because I know how awful the loss of a parent is, and I saw how hard it was for my Dad in the aftermath of Mom's death. Please pray for Kay and her kids.

We had a bit of excitement around her on Sunday. There was a grass fire in a field across the street from Dad's house. We sat on Dad's front porch with the kiddos so that they could see the fire trucks. Several of the firefighters waved to us. Of course, I know many of them, and have since I was a kid. Dad was on the volunteer fire department for many years until he retired. I'm so thankful that we have such a great fire department here in such a small town!

We've had geese and ducks frequenting the pond as the weather warms. The geese keep wandering over to the garden plot. They will stay away from it once it's planted if they know what's good for them! Goose dinner anyone????

Mr. Q just informed us that, "Someone turned the coal stove off!" We reassured him that it was supposed to be off. "OK," was his reply as he wandered happily off to play with his toys. What an observant little boy!

I know that this post is a bit of everything, with nothing particularly profound. I just wanted to let you know that I haven't dropped off the face of the Earth. I've just been busy with the kids and other stuff. It's been a strange year so far, and it's getting stranger still! But, I'm not going to ask, "What more could happen?" I made that mistake a month ago, and I found out! Perhaps God is teaching me patience. I wish that I could learn it faster…

No comments: