28 February 2009

Conversations With a Four-Year-Old


 

Kids truly have and amazing thought process. More so than we give them credit for at times!

I had to take our German Shepherd, Sammy, to the vet for a rabies shot. Munchkin was a bit upset, since she remembered when Grammy's dog was sick and we took him to the vet. He didn't come back home. I assured her that I would bring Sammy back home and that she would be just fine. After we had left, she had a conversation with her dad…

"I'm going to miss Sammy," Munchkin sighed.

"She's coming back, Munchkin. Sammy's not sick, she just needs a shot," her dad explained.

"Then why is she going to the vet? We don't go to the doctor when we're not sick."

Good point. The logic skills this kid has amaze me at times, and make me laugh quite frequently!

Munchkin usually hops in bed with me for a few minutes in the morning. Once her dad has gotten up, she usually comes in and starts chatting with me at some point. She crept in yesterday morning and climbed in bed next to me and started talking. She tired of her mostly one-sided conversation after a couple of minutes.

"Mommy," Munchkin began, "I'm hungry."

"Mmmmmm…." her mom replied.

"Mommy, you have to get up and get breakfast for me and my brothers. We're starving!"

"Mmmmmm…." her mom replied.

She reached under the pillow and grasped her mom's hand. Gently tugging she announced, "Mommy, it's time to get up now. We need breakfast!"

Mommy slipped her glasses on and stumbled out of bed, following the chattering four-year-old.

The kids had their breakfast and were playing while their dad was popping some waffles in the toaster. The scent of hot waffles wafted into the dining room where Munchkin was observing my writing.

"Mmmmm. I smell some mighty tasty waffles!" Munchkin exclaimed.

This evoked a great deal of laughter from Mommy and Daddy.

Kids are hilarious conversationalists aren't they? Chatting with mine is always interesting!

No comments: